SCG is looking for an established storyteller and media strategist to join our team as the Editorial Director. The Editorial Director will work across multiple client accounts, helping to uncover trends and insights, identify opportunities to contribute to media conversations in a meaningful ways and help to shape the overall communications and messaging strategy for clients. S/he will help to conceptualize and create engaging media pitches and thoughtful content pieces such as OpEd’s, blog posts and white papers. The Editorial Director will also keep a finger on the ever-changing landscape of high-impact media and content channels. Part industry analyst, part communications expert, the Editorial Director is passionate about bringing stories of innovation and impact to life.
Position: Editorial Director/Strategist
Classification: 20-25 hours per week to start, opportunity for FT
Location: NYC on-site and virtual
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Specific duties include:
Content Strategy and Editorial
- Develop strategy for creating highly visible content opportunities, taking into consideration relevant audiences and key messages, business objectives and conversational white space.
- Identifying unique angles and opportunities for clients to contribute to media discussions.
- Provide thoughtful recommendations on content topics, key messages and channel distribution.
- Own content development process (press releases, blog posts, op-ed’s and other client support as needed).
- Evaluating opportunities to grow the content footprint of our clients.
Research and Analysis:
- Tracking relevant industry conversations.
- Creating weekly insight reports for clients and internal SCG team.
- 10 + years background in editorial/journalism/communications strategy.
- Proven track record in developing creative editorial strategies for brands.
- Passion for both data/analysis/trends and superior written skills.
- Superior writing skills
- Well-versed/enthusiastic about staying in the know about start-up and tech trends.
- Comfortable and excited about working in a fast-paced environment across multiple client accounts.
- Detail oriented and highly organized for tracking results.
- Social Media knowledge, Power-point proficiency a plus.
Interested in learning more: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org