Sommer Communications Group is hiring a Managing Director to join our growing team. The Managing Director will lead both client and operational matters in a fast-growing, tech PR and thought leadership firm.
AT SCG, we are excited by our clients’ stories, and work hard to help them tell it. We know it takes a smart strategy to stand out in the news. We work with notable growth stage start-ups and venture capital firms in both NYC and Silicon Valley with a focus on tech, business and industry press. Both communication advisors and PR experts, our work spans messaging, media strategy creation, media relations and byline development and placement.
We believe in results, not face time, collaboration, not hierarchy. We like to be intellectually challenged and inspired by innovation. We are at the forefront of the changing world of work. Our office is dynamic, but you’re equally as likely to find some of us working remotely. We are self-starters and entrepreneurial minded. Corporate thinkers need not apply.
The Managing Director role is a unique opportunity to leverage superior leadership and PR skills. The ideal candidate is equal parts a PR pro and skilled manager, excited both by seeing their clients in the news and by supporting the growth of SCG. The Managing Director is passionate about working with startups, and being part of one.
- Lead client engagements from strategy development through implementation
- Oversee team of writers, media relation specialists, and account managers
- Develop agency processes and systems to support client growth and success
- Contribution to and oversight of client deliverables
- Monitor, capture, report, analyze, and interpret relevant media trends.
- Draft and review press materials including press pitches, press releases.
- Strategize and create newsworthy and insightful blog posts and articles as needed.
- Participate in new business process including research, proposal and pitch preparation.
- Assist with SCG marketing including social media marketing, email marketing, and CRM activities.
- Provide client service support-draft recaps of meetings and management of key dates on calendars across multiple clients.
- At least 7-10 years experience in PR firm or communications/marketing function at technology company.
- Proven experience managing teams and achieving results through others
- Superior writing skills with samples to support.
- Intellectually curious.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial – with demonstrated ability to productively work independently.
- Can-do attitude and roll-up-your-sleeves mindset.
This job is based in NYC, part time/flexible schedules welcome.
Interested? Get in touch at email@example.com